Technical Solutions Manager – US/Canada
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by Oil & Gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 100 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including backhaul, video surveillance, fixed wireless access, industrial IoT, and deployable and supplemental networks. Redline also provides a full suite of Advanced Services, including cell planning, deployment engineer, resident engineer, program management and wireless network performance audit services.
Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communications skills.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong, proven RF technical background along with a keen sales acumen in this hybrid solutions role. It is imperative to leverage these key skills to qualify opportunities, effectively consult and guide customers during their discovery phase, assist with the installations of POCs, and provide some technical support as required for the customers and partners. The Technical Solutions Manager will assist Marketing to provide case study information along with input for the technical whitepapers and presentations.
- Provide the lead technical resource role for the territory to understand, communicate and document the engineered solution for the company’s products.
- Customer focus will be the company’s partners, resellers, consultants and end customers.
- Act as the lead technical resource to provide support to the Redline sales team and channel partners in order to qualify, document and lead the solution offering for the customers.
- Provide a leadership role for the preparation of the RFP proposals for the customer including the network design, product engineering and technical solution.
- Lead the delivery of technical customer presentations for sales opportunities.
- Support customer pilots and proof of concepts for the company’s solutions.
- Provide product expertise knowledge and support for tradeshows, customer meetings, and other marketing events.
- Work closely with the Redline internal teams including PLM and Marketing to identify new feature requests.
- Provide regular training updates to the Redline certified partners and distribution channels.
Minimum Skills/Experience Requirements:
- BSEE (or Telecommunications) with a minimum of ten years experience in the position of a sales/systems engineer for telecom and data/wireless technologies including licensed exempt and LTE.
- Experience in the design, implementation and support of broadband and microwave wireless technologies.
- LTE uTRAN & Core knowledge and experience desirable
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Extensive travel will be required – approximately 50%.
- Additional experience in the design and support of data networks including LTE core, VLANs, IP, routing and SNMP is required.
Our ideal candidate:
- Self-starter, able to work well in a team environment.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Customer focused skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the sales team and Redline customers/partners at all levels.
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. "Technical Solutions Manager" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.