RF Planning Engineer - Colombia
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communication skills.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The RF Planning Engineer will be a key member of the Redline RF Planning team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced RF Planning Engineer based in Colombia with a superior ability to work for long term RF Planning projects for our partners and customers in Colombia (as well as Central and South America) using professional grade design tools. Our ideal candidate will be an RF Planning and support individual who is:
- Strong in radio communications fundamentals.
- Work focus oriented.
- Able to adapt well to a team focused collaborative environment.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills.
- Has previous field experience in a post-sales engineer role working with customers to resolve product and network issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities in a remote setting with minimal supervision.
Some key responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to perform independently under minimum supervision and focus on assigned project delivery deadlines while maintaining a continuous level of reporting and response to the Director, RF Planning & Design.
- Work effectively as a team member supporting specific tasks from multiple projects of the RF Planning team to be assigned dynamically.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal departments, partners and customers on RF Planning topics.
- Ability to travel to customer locations to perform RF Planning related tasks such as RF propagation verifications, drive tests, coverage analysis verifications, and system optimization analysis.
- Create and maintain professional and detailed reports and project documentation in English and Spanish languages.
- Keep up to date regarding RF Planning methodologies and best practices.
- Provide occasional field engineering support to assist customers with product, network and configuration questions.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to assist in problem resolution with leadership and guidance from the support team.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Bachelor degree in engineering discipline such as Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar field with of 5 or more years of experience in the use of RF Planning tools for the design of data/wireless networks and optimization. Experience in using CelPlan suite of tools is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of radio communications principles, antennas, RF propagation, MIMO systems, radio access techniques, and wireless technologies.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking and good understanding of network architecture concepts.
- Previous experience in the deployment, operation and support of wireless networks, drive test collection, drive test post processing, network management systems of wireless data networks.
- Background and experience in RF Planning for LTE networks, resource planning, coverage and capacity performance evaluations (KPI’s) will be an asset.
- Proven analytical, organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is mandatory and candidate must reside in Colombia.
- Good presentation, documentation and time management skills. Familiarity with Word /Excel.
- Ideal knowledge of programing languages (Java, C, etc.).
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is a leading provider of specialized broadband wireless systems used to cost-effectively deploy distributed applications and services. Redline systems are used by local and state governments to quickly and easily deploy or extend their public safety networks; by oil and gas companies to connect their digital oil fields; by service providers and enterprises to bring dedicated Internet access to business users; and by the military to rapidly deploy secure networks. For more than 10 years, Redline has been delivering powerful, versatile and reliable wireless solutions through certified partners in the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.