Product Data Management Specialist
Location: Markham, Ontario
Redline is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interesting in a career in broadband wireless. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communications skills.
Redline is a great place to be. We’re a dynamic, growing company offering:
- A unique work experience in a company that’s passionate about developing and delivering truly leading edge broadband wireless solutions
- A supportive environment that promotes diversity in the workplace
- Opportunities to expand your skills and abilities in a fast-growing environment
The ideal Product Data Management (PDM) Specialist will effectively work within the Operations department interfacing internally with our Engineering, Product Line Management, and Manufacturing teams and externally with our Contract Manufacturer’s PDM group. In addition to the PDM role, the ideal candidate will also support manufacturing as part of the Operations team.
- Maintain Redline's Product Database using Omnify Product Life Management Solutions.
- Creation of all Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
- Ensure that all ECOs are released and accurately implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain the Approved Parts list (APL); maintaining current descriptions of the standard format, flag obsolete parts; find replacements; component end of life
- Maintain the Approved Vendors List (AVL)
- Maintain all Bill of Materials in the System and make sure they are accurate to the requirements
- Manufacturing support
- Assist in the creation of manufacturing documentation (label drawings, assembly instructions, etc.).
- Support Manufacturing activities as required.
- Post-Secondary School degree (+2 years) in Engineering, MIS, or equivalent.
- PDM experience with Omnify is a strong plus.
- Experience with Great Plains a plus.
- computer skills particularly MS Excel.
- with Electronics Assembly and working with Contract Manufacturers
- Strong oral and written communications.
About Redline Communications:
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is a leading provider of specialized broadband wireless systems used to cost-effectively deploy distributed applications and services. Redline systems are used by local and state governments to quickly and easily deploy or extend their public safety networks; by oil and gas companies to connect their digital oil fields; by service providers and enterprises to bring dedicated Internet access to business users; and by the military to rapidly deploy secure networks. For more than 10 years, Redline has been delivering powerful, versatile and reliable wireless solutions through certified partners in the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.