LTE Performance Engineer
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by Oil & Gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 100 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including backhaul, video surveillance, fixed wireless access, industrial IoT, and deployable and supplemental networks. Redline also provides a full suite of Advanced Services, including cell planning, deployment engineer, resident engineer, program management and wireless network performance audit services.
This role is a member of the Advanced Services Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be product troubleshooting activities during introduction of new software (SW) or hardware (HW) releases across Redline’s iLTE™ and EPC product lines. The successful applicant will take on a key role in the ongoing operation of Redline’s systems and solutions during, and after deployment to the field.
- Subject-matter expert on end-to-end LTE network architecture and individual components capable of analyzing system behavior through counters, logs, internal traces, or drive/walk testing.
- Design solutions and workarounds for avoiding equipment malfunction or optimizing system operation.
- Build and execute upon an investigation and/or test plan that validates client provided software and fixes.
- Report the technical details of the analysis performed and explain the proposed solution.
- Reproduce unwanted behavior in the lab environment and when this is not possible, on the customer’s premises.
- Ensure the readiness of the other teams involved in the process via transfer of the troubleshooting methodology through knowledge transfer sessions.
- Provide on/off-site support to customers including product installation, integration, test execution, optimization, and product trials.
- Participate in regular meetings with customers and keep close contact with product management and R&D.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of LTE and EPC performance optimization and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of IP-related protocols, including Diameter, SIP, RTP, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, DNS
- Familiarity with routing/switching concepts, and related protocols
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- 8+ years’ experience in the design, implementation, and operation of cellular mobile networks
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Experience with scripting languages to automate analysis work
- Associate-level networking certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the interception, inspection, and troubleshooting of L2 Ethernet protocols
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally up to 25% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. "LTE Performance Engineer" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.