LTE Deployment Engineer
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by Oil & Gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 100 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including backhaul, video surveillance, fixed wireless access, industrial IoT, and deployable and supplemental networks. Redline also provides a full suite of Advanced Services, including cell planning, deployment engineer, resident engineer, program management and wireless network performance audit services.
This role is a member of the Advanced Services Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be the validation, staging, installation, commissioning, and testing of Redline’s iLTE™ solution and associated technologies. The successful applicant will take on a key role in the staging and deployment of Redline’s systems and solutions before, during, and after deployment to the field.
- Lead deploying, configuring, integrating, testing, and troubleshooting Redline’s EPC and LTE product implementations.
- Responsible for the definition of technical solutions and delivery approach of new initiatives, projects and solutions to guarantee the viability of a sensible project implementation.
- Interface with the Planning, Design and Engineering teams for impact analysis and defining RAN & connectivity required work packages and approach for specific activities.
- Evaluation and implementation of special coverage solutions such as COWs, small cells, and/or repeaters.
- Produce/review evaluation, detailed design and as-built reports.
- Attend site surveys to scope proposed equipment locations, cable routes, antenna placement, etc.
- Conduct RF walk testing for site evaluations and post integration testing to ensure optimal site performance.
- Manage 3rd party vendors & partners to meet agreed network rollout objectives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience in deployment, configuration, integration, and troubleshooting of virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- Practical experience of managing suppliers and design partners in a live network environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to summarise data and communicate at the appropriate level with management and customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as data collection/analysis software packages: TEMS, NEMO, Mapinfo, Accuver, PCTEL etc.
- Proficiency in utilisation of RF data collection tools/equipment: Spectrum analyser, RF scanners, CW transmitters, Cable testers etc.
- Expert knowledge of RF principles and link budgeting.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Associate-level networking certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the interception, inspection, and troubleshooting of L2 Ethernet protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally at most 50% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. "LTE Deployment Engineer" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.